[Freeswitch-users] ptime problem with provider (Cisco hardware)

Łukasz Czerpak lukasz at czerpak.eu
Thu Mar 19 11:22:07 PDT 2009

Hi,

I have some troubles with provider configuration. The are warnings in logs:

2009-03-19 19:02:48 [WARNING] mod_sofia.c:739 sofia_read_frame() We were
told to use ptime 20 but what they meant to say was 40

This issue has so far been identified to happen on the following broken
platforms/devices:

Linksys/Sipura aka Cisco

ShoreTel

Sonus/L3

We will try to fix it but some of the devices on this list are so broken
who knows what will happen..

My provider uses SER and Cisco hardware (Cisco-SIPGateway/IOS-12.x).

Moreover, above warning appears only when someone calls to FreeSWITCH
(voice quality is poor) - connection from FreeSWITCH works without any
warnings and has perfect quality.

Other my providers works perfect.

Is there any solution of this problem?

regards,