[Freeswitch-users] Start FreeSWITCH without any SQL but at the same time have all info available on realtime/runtime

Diego Viola diego.viola at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 07:36:20 PDT 2009

Oh, I thought that SQLite wasn't that great on performance and that
people wanted to replace/remove it from the core.

"On of the most interesting things about FreeSWITCH to me has been the
fact that most data in the system such as registrations are kept in a
SQL database. The default installation uses SQLite internally though
you can easily point FreeSWITCH at one of a number of other SQL
servers such as PostgreSQL or MySQL via UnixODBC. Sadly, SQLite has
become somewhat of a bottleneck in the core so future versions of
FreeSWITCH will use less of it. For example, doing a "show channels"
with over 500 channels in use starts to show issues. While I'm sad to
see SQLite go in these cases, I am anxious to see how Minessale
replaces it."

http://www.anders.com/cms/275/FreeSWITCH/ClueCon/Anthony.Minessale

I was just being curious about it :-)

Regards,