[Freeswitch-users] Mod_limit stuck when hitting limit value

rod kawarod at laposte.net
Fri Mar 13 01:51:49 PDT 2009

Hello,

I'm now running r12590, the pbm was still there, but this was because of
a broken dialplan.

I'm using this for exceeded limit:
 <extension name="TOO_MANY_CALLS">
        <condition field="destination_number" expression="^limit_exceeded$">
          <action application="respond" data="503"/>
          <action application="hangup"/>
        </condition>
    </extension>

but this extension was at the end of my dialplan and I matched an other
extension before reaching the limit extension.
What was odd was that in ngrep I saw FS sending a 503, I will
investigate on this.

I will rerun long term test and let you know if all is ok, so I have to
do for a previous mail related to ghost sessions in CLI.

@Tamas:
I just give a try to limit_hash, and didn't make many tests with it.
It's on my todo list. Limit_hash is not a better choice than limit,
their usage are different:
    - limit_hash is a good way to rate limit a specific gateway for
example so that your switch won't be flooded by a misconfigured peer gw
    - limit is for limiting concurrent call to an extension/gateway, eg
you have a peer that provides you with 30channels and you want to allow
15 channels for mobile (PLMN) and 15 for PSTN without relying

If you still have pbm with limit and svn, pay attention to you dialplan :p

@Mathieu
I hope you didn't work on a virtual pbm, cause it seems to be a dialplan
misconfiguration. I'll let you know if I still have pbm. Thanks for your
help.

regards.
rod