[Freeswitch-users] No DTMF received from PSTN when using bind_meta_app

Shahal Hazan shahal at jajah.com
Thu Mar 12 03:43:33 PDT 2009

> After I call the external number successfully, I?m able to receive DTMF from
> the softphone but the PSTN?s DTMF doesn?t work.

We definitely don't want to assume anything, so I have to ask the
obvious questions:
who is the provider?
are the DTMFs in-band or RFC2833?

Any chance you can turn on full debugging and see if there are any clues?

Thanks!
-MC

Hi,
After turning on the debug in CLI I typed *3 on the PSTN and I got:
2009-03-12 11:22:49 [DEBUG] sofia.c:3744 sofia_handle_sip_i_info() INFO DTMF(0)
2009-03-12 11:22:51 [DEBUG] sofia.c:3744 sofia_handle_sip_i_info() INFO DTMF(3)
Please note that I got DTMF(0) and not a DTMF(*)!
I also double checked with wireshark and saw that the DTMF is SIP based, and the values were *3 and not 03 as FreeSWITCH reports.
This probably is the problem and not the bind_meta_app.
We are using bezeq international as our provider.
DTMF are RFC2833.
Thanks,
Shahal

This mail was sent via Mail-SeCure System.