[Freeswitch-users] Newbie's installation: Can't start FS at boot

Dyna Guy dynaguy at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 17:07:21 PST 2009

Thanks for all your advices.

I am still struggle to make FS start.

I tried few things included:
chkconfig --add freeswitch
chkconfig --level 345 freeswitch on

I also added a user "freeswitch"

The problem is : if I run "/etc/init.d./freeswitch" manually, it says [OK]
like this:
[root at localhost build]# /etc/init.d/freeswitch start
Starting freeswitch:             [  OK  ]

But then I did a "ps aux | grep freeswitch" it doesn't show FS running.

I am not a script guru. If I run FS from commandline as root:
 /usr/local/freeswitch/bin/freeswitch
then I can see FS running.

What did I missing here?

dynaguy