[Freeswitch-users] Please end the torment

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 09:33:03 PST 2009

Ok,

SO? We should make a forum?

See this one?

http://www.voip-info.org/boards/index.php?b=6

Yah, that one has been around for many months and nobody maintains it.  We
do have a link to it on our homepage but nobody reads it so, there is a
dilemma here right?

IRC is for sure more useful of a resource between 9am and 6pm GMT-6 in the
timezone where me and bkw live.  Any other times it would be up to other
community members like the few who have been stepping up in a major way in
the last few weeks, thank you all.

I don't know how good of a job we are doing, but we are a small group and we
already spend most of every day managing a bug tracker, irc, and this list.
If you took a poll 8/10 people hate forums.  I don't really know if i like
them or not, I have enjoyed finding forums before that discussed something
that happened ages ago that relates to a problem I have and being able to
skim months into the future reading the end results, but more times than not
they go south and contain a bunch of flaming back and forth about midway
through.

We already need voulenteers to help manage the resources we already have,
Website, Mailing list, JIRA.  If we introduce more we, run the risk of doing
a bad job at maintaining them.  Is anyone willing to help?

If you can use nabble to post as long as you have an account on the mailing
list, can't you just disable mail dilevery and use the nabble exclusively?
If not is there another solution?  I really need some help in this
department to even consider introducing any more community resources.

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/

AIM: anthm