[Freeswitch-users] First time setting up FreeSwitch and SPA3102 / SPA3000

Aplayful Idiot a.playful.idiot at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 07:41:31 PST 2009

Hi.

I have little background in telephony and need to use a PBX but would like
to start first with a small test set-up.

I have a SPA3102 attached to the box running FS and to a ordinary phone
line.

I registered SPA in conf/directory/default/line1.xml and this works to a
point but I can't get caller id numbers from incoming calls. All FS sees is
"line1" which is found in file line1.xml as <variable
name="effective_caller_id_number" value="line1"/>.

Looking back over the FS wiki, I'm now wondering if the SPA was registered
or set-up in FS correctly but reading the documentation is confusing me a
bit. Sometimes I think the analogue-phone-line-SPA-FS is like a softphone
which is registered to an extension numbered xml file in
conf/directory/default/ but then issues like not getting outside incoming
caller id's makes me think I've got this all wrong.

Can someone help me out with this?

Thanks.
api