[Freeswitch-users] Detecting the origin of voice activity using VAD

Henry Huang red.rain.seven at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 23:18:02 PST 2009

ignore_early_media=true is not going to do the trick since once the IVR
picks up the call on leg A, the ring tone is stopped and the IVR is going to
play pre-recorded voice menu. And the freeswtich is going to send DTMF to
reach a certain extension number say 101. Then the ring tone is going to
start again while the IVR is going to dial the 101 extension(or even play
moh while dialing). After extension 101 picks up, this is when I want the
"originate" to connect call leg B on some other number.

On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 7:11 PM, Brian West <brian at freeswitch.org> wrote:

> Usually ringing is done in early media... so the best bet would be to
> ignore_early_media=true
> /b
>
> On Mar 1, 2009, at 9:05 PM, Henry Huang wrote:
>
> Well, I knew it would be some future fantasy for now..
> If not human detection. I guess will try to use Dialplan Tools wait for
> silence to wait till the ring tone is finished ,then connect the other leg.

Henry Huang
UniC Solution - Communication Unified
VoIP & Open Source software Consultant