[Freeswitch-users] Is there any license G729?

David Knell dave at 3c.co.uk
Mon Jun 29 11:16:48 PDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-06-30 at 01:31 +0800, Steve Underwood wrote:
> Video calls are a really really bad idea. People who think otherwise
> really haven't thought about it at all. They are available here, and
> people desperately don't want them to be.

Video calls between 3G phones have been available in the UK for some
years.  I've only ever made two using one of these to real people, both
across a table in a pub to show them what it looked like; I have made
goodness knows how many to an IVR while trying to pick 3G-324M apart.

However, there are some instances where they're very useful.  For
example, my family is geographically quite dispersed, and we use Skype
with video a lot - particularly for grandparents to keep up with
grandchildren.  The usefulness and appropriateness of video calling
depends very much on the target market; it's not, of itself, a bad
thing.

--Dave

--
David Knell, Director, 3C Limited