[Freeswitch-users] Is there any license G729?

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Mon Jun 29 10:11:51 PDT 2009

Brian West wrote:
> Cellphones have really lowered everyones expectations of what quality
> is.  I think if each of us in the US could stab our Cellphone
> providers in the neck and get away with it.. I know I would... YES
> AT&T I'm talking about your sorry excuse for service....

The 3G cellular standards have wideband features (that's what AMR-WB was
developed for), but few (maybe no) operators enable them. I assume all
UMTS phones actually support wideband, but unless the network is
prepared to accept negotiation for it, phone support isn't much use. The
networks would rather push proven flops like video calls.

Steve