[Freeswitch-users] Compiling freeswitch for Dragonfly BSD

Michael Jerris mike at jerris.com
Fri Jun 26 20:19:02 PDT 2009

On Jun 26, 2009, at 10:17 PM, Vincent Stemen <vince.freeswitch at hightek.org
 > wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 12:53:23AM -0400, Michael Jerris wrote:
>>
>> Can you post a bug to Jira.freeswitch.org with all these warnings,
>> even better with patches to fix it.
>
> OK.  I think I have narrowed the problem down to 3 issues.
>
> 1.  The build system is treating even a single warning as a critical
> error
>    and aborting compilation in that directory.

As intended.

> 2.  Compilation continues into the next directory even though
> compilation of
>    the previous directory was aborted, as you can see in the make
> output below
>    where it went on to build "features".  This can cause a chain
> reaction of
>    other errors because stuff it expects to be there did not get
> built in
>    previous stages.  I suspect that is also the source of the
> 'symbolic link'
>    error I was getting.  I did not get that on this last compilation
> after
>    fixing some of the warnings (see below).  It can also make it
> possible to
>    get to the end of the build and not know that stuff did not get
> compiled
>    further back, leaving the package incomplete.

I've looked for this one and have not been able to nail it down.  I
must be missing an || exit somewhere in the module makefiles?
Everytime I go to reproduce this issue I can't reproduce it.

> 3.  Lots of "return makes pointer from integer without a cast"
> warnings
>    throughout the sofia-sip tree.  This one, of course, is not the
> actual show
>    stopper but is triggering the above problems and needs cleaned up
> none the
>    less.

I am sure these are trivial enough to fix but am a bit puzzled why I
don't see them on. Any other platform.  What version of gcc is this?
Does dragonfly patch gcc to report more warnings than other platforms?