[Freeswitch-users] Announcement: Howler-optimised G.729A Solution for FreeSWITCH

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 08:08:45 PDT 2009

Congrats to them for taking the risk.

Just as an aside, just to let everyone know, I am taking the same risk.  We
have invested in the same deal from sipro and will shortly be offering an
official FreeSWITCH g729 module in the very near future.

This, of course, does benifit the project directly, because it gives a
revenue source to help fund the project where naturally a 3rd party module
mostly benifits users of FreeSWITCH which is, of course, not a bad thing.

We might have had it sooner but we've been very busy making FreeSWITCH
itself and it's a matter of first things first.

So, again congrats guys, I hope your hardware codec boards sell and you
leave a little room for us on the software side.

On Jun 26, 2009 9:48 AM, "David Knell" <dave at 3c.co.uk> wrote:

> There doesn't seem to be any direct link between FreeSWITCH and Howler. >
How does this benefit ...
Well, they're providing additional functionality which a lot of folk
want, which requires substantial investment in money (visit sipro.com
and have a look at the up-front license fees if you wish) and time (to
get the thing working across the various platforms with the required
licensing) and they've presumably taken a commercial risk so to do.

Hats off to them: they've taken a risk, and the project benefits
immensely from it.  Expecting them to "give something back" in addition
would be entirely unreasonable.

--Dave

--
David Knell, Director, 3C Limited