[Freeswitch-users] Controlling Conference Controls

Bradley Brashier bjbrashier at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 17:15:14 PDT 2009

I was indeed looking at "announce-count", but from the code, it looks like
that was designed to announce to the caller how many people were on the
conference only when they were joining and the number was over a threshold
specified in the profile. Not exactly what I was looking for, but it did
help me find some of the right variables. And no, it didn't work, but I see
now that it's most likely because conference_member_say wasn't working.

I didn't think to try to define tts_engine and tts_voice, though, thinking
that things like that had likely defaults. Obviously that would be an issue
if not. I'll look at that next.

Don't quote me on what announce-count is supposed to do, yet -- I only
looked at it for long enough to tell that it wasn't what I needed. Once I
have things working the way I want, I feel like I'll have enough data to be
more certain of what everything does, and then I'll be happy to help you
fill those out.
I like your solution on the default controls. Naming them "sample" instead
of "default" would do fine. Alternately, if we put a blurb in the comments
above the default controls saying "these controls are hard-coded, and
changes will not be taken into account. They are here as an example only",
that would probably be good enough.

Also, it's not clear that the DTMF commands for caller controls can be
multiple digits. It might go without saying, but I didn't think about it
until a little ways in, so something on the wiki might be nice.