[Freeswitch-users] SIP and nat traversal IPv4/IPv6 issue

Brian West brian at freeswitch.org
Wed Jun 17 22:09:44 PDT 2009

I no longer need your configs... I didn't try to put
stun:stun.freeswitch.org in sip-ip or rtp-ip because I know you
shouldn't.  We clearly can not try to do a stun request in either of
these fields because you can't bind to IP's that aren't directly on
the machine... so do as per the config and put ONLY ip's that are
local on the machine... if you need to set the external rtp or sip ip
please set them with the ext-rtp-ip and ext-sip-ip params on the
profile.  You CAN set the ext-rtp-ip and ext-sip-ip to
stun:stun.freeswitch.org and those will resolve.

/b