[Freeswitch-users] Voice lag in conference

Josh Moon joshm at wabashcenter.com
Tue Jun 16 12:01:13 PDT 2009

I am not as knowledgeable as the developers that will respond to your question but I had the same problem as you.  Here is what I did to combat the delay:

First off I started everything from scratch.  I reinstalled Linux and then I reinstalled FreeSWITCH by creating .deb packages.
I then created my own conference profile and set the sample rate to 4000 and changed the energy level to 20.
I also made sure to test the conference room from phones that were in completely different areas so there wasn't a chance for feedback or really bad echoing problems.

Once I knew the delay was solved I raised the sample rate to 8000.  I tested it to make sure it would work properly.

As Michael stated, this could be your network infrastructure but I just wanted to let another FreeSWITCH user know what I did to try and stop the voice delay.