[Freeswitch-users] How do I get a 180 ringing to be sent to an in bound call ?

Richard Lamkin Richard.Lamkin at mettoni.com
Tue Jun 16 09:41:04 PDT 2009

Brian,

Thank you for putting me on the right track.   I thought I would share
my results so after a bit of trial and error testing I came up with the
follow DP rule, which lives in dialplan/public/<my_public_dp.xml>.

When an incoming call arrives for DDI 012345678 it is ack'ed with  a
"180 Ringing" and then the call is held up while the rule goes to sleep.
On sleep expiry the call is cleared (from Ron McLeod's comment).  This
means any incoming call that is not processed using an API method will
be automatically cleared after 3 mins.

This makes a nice neat way of holing incoming calls ringing.

Best Regards

Richard Lamkin

Richard.lamkin at mettonigroup.com

<extension name="DP_name">

    <condition field="destination_number" expression="^012345678$">

     <action application="set" data="domain_name=$${domain}"/>

      <action application="ring_ready" />

              <!-- Remain in the ringing state for a max of 3 minutes
(time in milliseconds)-->

              <action application="sleep" data="1800000"/>

              <!--

                   Alternative actions can be automatically performed
when the sleep duration is exceeded

                   Simply comment out the unwanted actions;

                           if no actions are specified then the call
hangs up anyway

                        -->

              <!-- EITHER ======> hang up the call if this is required
action on no answer

               refer to http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Hangup_causes
for the cause code data.

              -->

              <!--<action application="hangup" data="NO_ANSWER"/>-->

              <!-- OR ======> Redirect if this is required action on no
answer -->

              <!--<action application="redirect" data="sip:foo at bar.com
"/>-->

              <!-- OR ======> Reject the call if this is required action
on no answer (use the correct cause code) -->

              <action application="respond" data="reponse_info"
data="407"/>

            </condition>

  </extension>