[Freeswitch-users] When to use OpenSIPS/Kamailio in front of FS?

Even André Fiskvik grevenx at me.com
Mon Jun 15 02:01:27 PDT 2009

Well, we currently have a scenario where this seems to be the most
logical setup currently.
We provide PBX as a Service (SaaS), and want to have a cluster of
FreeSwitch servers
handling registration and presence.
Introducing OpenSIPS in front will allow a couple of features, which I
don't see how would be
implemented in a "good" way without anything in front of FS:
  - "true" loadbalancing with the loadbalancer module
  - Live migration of calls to another server to take FS down for
maintenance
  - no need for 100% SRV support in the SIP clients

Best regards,

Even André