[Freeswitch-users] No VoIP audio after upgrading to latest svn

John Wehle john at feith.com
Fri Jun 12 19:24:24 PDT 2009

> I think possibly that the configs changed, specially the auto-nat stuff

Yep ... a closer look at the packet trace showed FreeSWITCH settings
the Contact as 10.10.10.1 instead of the actual IP address of the machine.

> If you have modified those two files then I recommend looking at the new
> default config versions of those two files and integrating your changes into
> the new ones.

Yep ... that's my SOP.

Looking at the internal.xml supplied with the new FS I see:

    <param name="ext-rtp-ip" value="auto-nat"/>
    <param name="ext-sip-ip" value="auto-nat"/>

Once I commented out those entries everything worked fine.

I'm kind of surprised that this default changed ... the older FS came
with these commented out and worked fine in the simple configuration
where the server and phones are on the same network segment.

In any case my config has been adjusted, things are working, it's
Friday, and I get to go home so life is good. :-)

-- John
|   Feith Systems  |   Voice: 1-215-646-8000  |  Email: john at feith.com  |
|    John Wehle    |     Fax: 1-215-540-5495  |                         |