[Freeswitch-users] Rejecting calls without answering

Ken Rice krice at freeswitch.org
Thu Jun 11 09:31:13 PDT 2009

Hah they are just retrying the call to see if they get a different answer
the 2nd and 3rd time around... This is common unfortunately since 503 in the
VoIP world is typically interpreted by the PSTN world as a "Temp congestion"
(and rightly so) so they will retry and not fail the call... You can try
responding w/ 486 Busy if you know the call doesn't need to fail somewhere
else...