[Freeswitch-users] Problem with attendant transfer

Durk de Beer durk.debeer at isp.solcon.nl
Tue Jun 9 01:43:36 PDT 2009

Ok I've recieved an error message so if this message  is being send a second
time my deepest apologies for it.

Hello Brian,

I observed the problem by a Siemens Gigaset DE380 IPR and A Cisco 7960 and
7965. What happens is this, a call is coming in on Freeswitch and is being
bridged to lets say the Siemens on extension 100. Now the person accepting
the call on extension 100 wants to transfer the call to an other extension
lets say 200. The normal scenario would be extension 100 puts the original
call on hold, Freeswitch streams moh to the original call, extension 100
dials 200, the having a conversation, 100 transfers the original call too
200. Now here the problem begins. Normally extension 100 would send a refer
sip message to freeswitch, who would then connect the original call to
extension 200. The Siemens and Cisco phones do not send a refer sip message
first. What the do is putting extension 200 on hold by means of an send only
sip message. When Freeswitch is receiving this it streams moh to extension
200. After this the phones are sending the transfer by means of a sip refer
message. When Freeswitch is receiving this it can't perform this transfer,
that of original call to extension 200, because extension 100 has put
extension 200 on receive only and extension 200 is receiving the moh.
Resulting in an original call receiving moh and an extension 200 receiving
moh. When this situation arises there's no way in connecting these to
together. So what I need is a way to detect that there is an transfer by
means of an sip refer message to a extension that has being put on hold. If
so I need to get freeswitch to break this hold and transfer the original
call to this extension. I hope that this will make the problem a little bit
clearer.

Kind regards
Durk