[Freeswitch-users] Caller id when doing transfers

John Wehle john at feith.com
Mon Jun 8 17:40:22 PDT 2009

Consider the following sequence:

  1) Outside caller (OC) calls Ext 1001        Caller id shows OC

  2) Ext 1001 transfers the call to Ext 1002   In some cases we want the
                                               caller id to shows OC, in other
                                               cases we want the caller id
                                               to show Ext 1001.

It appears from some limited testing that the original caller id is always
shown when the call is transfered.  Is there some way to have the person
making the transfer show up as the caller id?

Our application is I want to setup an extension (*5) which automatically
places calls into a fifo corresponding to the Extension number of the
person transferring the call.  This will provide park capability similar
to that of our old System 25 PBX.  I'll then setup an extension (*8<fifo>)
which picks up the call at the front of the fifo "fifo".

-- John
|   Feith Systems  |   Voice: 1-215-646-8000  |  Email: john at feith.com  |
|    John Wehle    |     Fax: 1-215-540-5495  |                         |