[Freeswitch-users] Softphone configuration

Matthew Lockwood matthew.lockwood at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 18:01:08 PDT 2009

There are no error messages - there's literally nothing with the other SIP
clients. Any client other than X-Lite (which causes my Netgear router to
reboot incessantly) fails to register; X-Lite would work like a charm if it
weren't for my router. Also, it may be useful to know that X-Lite's first
connection attempt always fails with a timeout (and there is no CLI output);
the second attempt is always successful (and, of course, there is lots of
output).

At this stage, I'm figuring one of two solutions to my sleepless night
(other than going to sleep!):
a) Try out CallWeaver and Asterisk to see whether I can make everything play
nice with one of those (which I'd rather not do - FS is my first choice, but
a working bloated PBX is better than none at all)
b) Use a VPN to the VPS to bypass the Netgear router all together, although
this again isn't ideal because of the application I need the iPBX for.

I'm pretty much in last-ditch mode because I'm spending so much time on
this. :-(