[Freeswitch-users] some fifo questions

dujinfang dujinfang at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 17:19:03 PDT 2009

On Jun 2, 2009, at 8:01 PM, Juan Backson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I read the fifo section of the wiki and what is not clear are:
>

> What is the meaning of fifo_orbit_announce?
play to caller before hear the agent.

> What is the meaning of fifo_override_announce?
play to agent before hear caller.

> Is it possible to create a scenario where the caller can hear "Agent
> #123 is going to attend to your call"?

no and yes. it's hard to change fifo_orbit_announce accordingly.
however, I think it might be possible to add channel variable to the
dial string of the member:

<fifo name="sales_fifo@$${domain}" importance="0">
       <member timeout="15" simo="1"
lag
=
"5
">
{fifo_member_wait
=
nowait
,bridge_pre_execute_aleg_app=playback,bridge_pre_execute_aleg_arg=/tmp/
angent_123_service_you.wav}user/1001@$${domain}</member>
       <member timeout="15" simo="1"
lag
=
"5
">
{fifo_member_wait
=
nowait
,bridge_pre_execute_aleg_app=playback,bridge_pre_execute_aleg_arg=/tmp/
angent_456_service_you.wav}user/1002@$${domain}</member>

anyway, I think you can always achieve that by listen to the fifo
events through event socket and uuid_broadcast of uuid_displace etc.