[Freeswitch-users] LUA: Independent control of each call leg.

peely freeswitch at peely.com
Fri Jul 31 08:01:56 PDT 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to develop an application using lua and need to control the
inbound and outbound legs independently, even when they are switched
together.

I can initiate the outbound session but I can't seem to bridge without
losing control of the script.

For example, if I use:

	local api = freeswitch.API();
	inSession = session;
	inSession:answer();
	inSession:setAutoHangup(false);

	egSession = freeswitch.Session("sofia/default/mynum at mydomain.com");
	egSession:setAutoHangup(false);

	if egSession:ready() then
		api:execute("uuid_bridge",inSession.uuid .. " " .. egSession.uuid);
	end

	while egSession:ready() do
		inSession:sleep(1000);
	end

Then I lose the script entirely, and if I use:

	inSession:execute("bridge", "sofia/default/mynum at mydomain.com")

Then I lose the ability to control the call whilst the outbound is in
progress.

Does anyone know a way I can allow ingress to egress calling whilst still
maintaining script control mid-call? I also need to ingress to hear
provisional speech during outbound connect. I've looked at conferencing but
there seems to be quite a lot of automated messaging.

Thanks,

Neil.