[Freeswitch-users] Cisco 7945/7965 CPE Compatibility with Freeswitch

Pat Jensen patj at linklocal.net
Wed Jul 29 22:28:35 PDT 2009

Hello,

I have had great success bringing up Freeswitch in my lab with various makes/models of SIP hardware CPE, and I am starting to delve into some more complex scenarios.  I have two questions specific to Cisco's current generation IP handsets (7965/7945):

1.  Is integration of busy lamp fields working on the Cisco 7945/7965?  It seems the Asterisk folks are in the process of putting a patch together for 1.6 that uses SIP TCP as a path way, and that Cisco may have some "extensions" required to make them work.  If they are supported on Freeswitch, could someone post an XML phone / corresponding Freeswitch directory.xml configuration that is known working?  I've attempted what I think is correct based on the SIP deployment guides and the Wiki's, but my BLF speed dial buttons and call logs do not show any presence information.

<callLogBlfEnabled>1</callLogBlfEnabled> - tried 1 and 2 here

<line button="5">
 <featureID>21</featureID>
 <featureLabel>Phil 5000</featureLabel>
 <speedDialNumber>5000</speedDialNumber>
</line>

2.  Is it possible to send a dialed name from Freeswitch back to the IP phone as feedback when a number is dialed out, similar to native CallManager Express/UCM functionality?  I've noticed that my Linksys SPA962 will support this without any configuration changes required.  This behavior seems to be vendor implementation specific - I'm not sure where this information is hiding so I can't refer to it by it's SIP header to ask as an educated question.

I appreciate any help or guidance you can give me, even if it's RTFM :)  Thanks folks.

Regards,

Pat