[Freeswitch-users] Operation has no matching challenge

Jesse Peterson jesse.peterson at exbiblio.com
Mon Jul 27 09:25:12 PDT 2009

Hello,

I am getting some SIP registration problems with FreeSWITCH 1.0.4pre10
and my ITSP (Vitelity). The error in the logs is such:

2009-07-27 08:54:48.217815 [ERR] sofia_reg.c:1460 vitelity-out
Registration Failed with status Operation has no matching challenge
[904]. failure #56

While these errors are happening the gateway state (via "sofia
status") is FAIL_WAIT. With the ever-increasing back-off wait (60, 90,
120, 150, ..., seconds) the registration never resumes. Now one might
suspect  that there is something wrong with the configuration/
authorization but this problem is intermittent: a simple "sofia
profile external restart" restores the registration and all is well
(state turns to REGED) and of course the initial registration succeeds
just fine, too. Quite an annoying problem as you never quite know when
your gateway is registered when you pick up the receiver of your phone
giving the impression of unreliable service!

I suspect this to be the same problem, but with a different error
message, that has been reported before[1][2].

Thoughts? Anything I should try? Thanks,
- Jesse

[1] http://lists.freeswitch.org/pipermail/freeswitch-users/2009-February/011269.html
[2] http://lists.freeswitch.org/pipermail/freeswitch-users/2008-September/006272.html