[Freeswitch-users] Application to Record Calls - Out of Band

Matthew Fong mattdfong at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 10:58:48 PDT 2009

Hi,
I'm trying to build an application that provides statistics of calls and
call recording. Someone told me this could be done out of band with a SPAN
(?) port that would replicate SIP and media packets to a separate NIC
without having to actually pass the real-calls thru FreeSWITCH. It was
explained that this SPAN port would in the SBC would replicate data
received.

If this is done, is there a way I can utilize FreeSWITCH to interpret these
packets without actually having any control of the calls? If so how? Sorry,
I'm new to telco, so hopefully this post makes sense to someone.

--matt