[Freeswitch-users] IAX Transfer support

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 08:58:58 PDT 2009

mod_iax was one of the first endpoint modules made in FS and it has seen
little attention since it was first added.
The primary purpose of the module was to have alternate endpoints to help
work on the abstraction concepts in the core.
Since it actually works, we left it in.  But we really don't have any plans
to do much else with it.

The IAX lib we use in mod_iax is a heavily modified version of the iax
client lib used in most iax softphones, its was really only designed for
one or 2 calls max.  An open source and liberally licensed (BSD/MIT) IAX
library that is scalable and meets all of the programmatic challenges
presented
by the iax spec is really needed to advance the protocol any further.  In
addition a few enhancements should be made to the protocol to improve
it's scalability in general.

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 10:45 AM, Gu Sh <gshfreesw at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have been using freeswitch for over a year and I love all of the
> features, extensibility etc. Recently one of the clients wanted to use a IAX
> client and call from the IAX client works fine but there was one feature
> requested by my client that did not work. The feature is the "IAX Transfer"
> and I see the Transfer message come through by turning up debugging in the
> iax.conf file but freeswitch does not do anything with it.
>
> What is the current status of IAX support on freeswitch?

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/

AIM: anthm