[Freeswitch-users] Problem in mod_perl

Thangappan.M thangappan143 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 22:42:17 PDT 2009

I am new to Freeswitch, I started to write a dial plan using perl instead of
xml in the case of IVR.
I used the following statement in the dialplan/default.xml file
<extension name="IVR">
       <condition field="destination_number" expression="5000">
               <action application="perl" data="/tmp/test.pl"/>
       </condition>
</extension>

I am using Twinkle Soft phone.When I am calling to 5000 in the freeswitch
console it tells the following error.
Invalid application perl.

>From that I understood there is no Perl module  has been installed.Then I
uncommented the line <load module="mod_perl">  from modules.conf.xml. Again
I checked with my Perl version it also supports
usemultiplicity.

Where I made a mistake?
Can anyone please solve my problem?
I want to execute the Perl script  in the dial plan.

--
Regards,
Thangappan.M