[Freeswitch-users] BLF & Directed call pickup on Polycom phones

Yehavi Bourvine yehavi.bourvine at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 05:22:09 PDT 2009

After playing a little with SNOM phones I see that for doing BLF the SNOM
subscribes for number XXXX (the real number), but when I want to pickup a
ringing extension it dials **XXXX which is catched by FreeSwitch and handled
by the pickup code (probably the intercept function).

I would like to mimic this on Polycom phones. Thus, I want the phone to
subscribe for *ZXXXX and catch the *Z prefix:

   - If it is a subscribe command, then strip *Z and subscribe to it.
   - If this is INVITE and the destination is ringing - strip *Z and  and
   call intercept.
   - If this is INVITE and the destination is free - ring it.

I know roughly how to do the last two items, but how can I catch the
SUBSCRIBE, modify the destination number and then call the actual function?

                       Thanks!  __Yehavi: