[Freeswitch-users] Creating a new User Agent

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Mon Jul 20 09:40:51 PDT 2009

On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 11:30 PM, velusamy velu <velu.technical at gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear All,
>            I want to create a new User Agent like sip configurations in
> Asterisk. I checked default user agents 1000 to 1001. But I have bit
> confused the relationship between default user agents and  sip_profiles.
>
>           I need some help from you all for the following questions,
>                      How to create new user agent ?
>                      How to relate the new user agent with sip internal
> profile ?

I believe you might be mixing terminology. There is a difference between a
"user" and a "user agent." In FreeSWITCH, a SIP profile *is* a user agent.
In the default configuration, in conf/directory/default/ there are 20
pre-configured users. 1000, 1001, etc. are simply SIP users that are ready
for use. Point a SIP phone at your FreeSWITCH IP address and set the auth
user name to "1000" and the password to "1234" and it should register just
fine.

To learn more about SIP profiles I do recommend the link that ram posted.
-MC