[Freeswitch-users] leg_timeout

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Tue Jul 14 09:16:38 PDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 8:35 AM, Phillip Jones <pjintheusa at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Here is my call flow:
>
> 1) leg A is bridged to leg B
> 2) when leg B is answered I play a confirm script - "please 1 to accept
> this call"
>
> I only want leg B to ring 20 seconds. BUT when the caller party answers, he
> should have as long as he needs to press 1.
>
> "leg_timeout" seems to be in play until the bridge is completed. I need it
> to reset when leg b is answered.

Correct. Both "leg_timeout" and "leg_progress_timeout" are for controlling
how long to wait prior to the B-leg answering. (leg_progress_timeout
specifies how long to wait for any kind of progress, be it early media of
some sort, ringing, or an answer.)

> I tried resetting the leg_timeout in the confirm script after leg b is
> answered. I also tried using leg_progress_timeout. Neither seemed to work.

What exactly are you trying to do? The two variables you've mentioned
shouldn't have any effect on the call after it has been established.

> Any help or suggestions would be welcome.

Could you pastebin your dialplan and a debug log of a call that does not
work? See this page for some handy tips on using pastebin and collecting
information for debugging purposes:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Reporting_Bugs#Debugging_Steps

-MC