[Freeswitch-users] How to get the hook state?

Rupa Schomaker rupa at rupa.com
Wed Jul 8 05:14:52 PDT 2009

I think you can (mostly) solved this using mod_limit and some dialplan work.

Something like:

if you want the second call to ring, limit should be set to 2 or higher.
for either VM or busy, limit should be set to 1

if limit was reached and the user wants busy, send back busy
if limit was reached and the user wants VM, transfer to voicemail

Remember that you have to check the limit both on outbound calls and on
inbound calls so that you get the desired behavior.  Also, you'll have to
special handle outbound calls so they don't fail if the limit is reached
(think transfer).

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 11:40 PM, Yehavi Bourvine
<yehavi.bourvine at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
>   The problem we are trying to solve here is handling a busy state
> according to the user's prefference (some want a busy to be heard, some want
> the call to go to voicemail, and some want to get the second call).
>
>   The first step is finding that an extension is busy. It would be nice in
> the future to know also other states of an extension (like - not registered,
> etc.).
>
>                               Thanks, __Yehavi:
>
> 2009/7/7 Brian West <brian at freeswitch.org>
>
> What are you trying to accomplish?
>>
>> /b
>>
>> On Jul 6, 2009, at 11:53 PM, Eli Hayun wrote:
>>
>> > Hi
>> > I am a newbie in FreeSwitch and my question is:
>> > When I am calling to an extension, how should I know in advance what
>> > is
>> > the hook status. I tried to find out a variable that can get me this
>> > information but with no success.
>> > any help?

-Rupa