[Freeswitch-users] Best OS for FreeSwitch?

Ron McCarthy ronmccar at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 15:53:04 PDT 2009

Hey list,

We are running FS on FreeBSD 7.2 right now and cannot get it to push over 48
CPS on a Dual core Xeon (2.4 ghz), we start running into issues, max
concurrent calls is around 500 as well. Asterisk can do this so I would FS
could out perform this! We run into major PDD issues more then anything,
where FS takes 10+ seconds to respond to a invite, it's very weird and bad.

I have seen some issues with FreeBSD and FS so id like to try a different OS
and see what our results are. What does everyone recommend for just raw
performance and speed? I use to always run Slackware until we moved
everything over to FreeBSD, would that be a good choice again?

Thanks