[Freeswitch-users] Language Handling: call for assistance

Igor Neves igor at 3gnt.net
Thu Jul 2 03:01:34 PDT 2009

Hi,

Michael Collins wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> There's been some discussion lately on how to handle multiple
> languages, specifically with the *say* application. We would like some
> input from the community on how to handle multiple languages and sound
> files. Anthony notes that the say application needs to build the path
> to the sound files by using the ${sound_prefix} and ${lang} variables.
> Some have asked about countries or language variants, like European
> Portugese vs. Brazilian Portugese. These are good questions.

What it's the problem about Portuguese VS Brazilian?

Can't we just use "PT_pt" and "PT_br" in ${lang}, just like a lot of
others softwares do?

What about ${sound_prefix} = ${lang}, since ${lang} should always be
unique, and you make the path's automatically language organized?

> From the community we need input. If you have experience with multiple
> languages in a telephony environment then please give us your
> suggestions. How would you like to see the say application handle
> various languages and dialects? Please give us your helpful suggestions.
>
> Thanks,
> Michael

Sorry if I miss understood something.
Cheers,

--
Igor Neves <igor.neves at 3gnt.net>
3GNTW - Tecnologias de Informação, Lda

 SIP: igor at 3gnt.net	JID: igor at 3gnt.net
 ICQ: 249075444		MSN: igor at 3gnt.net
 TLM: 00351914503611	PSTN: 00351252377120