[Freeswitch-users] [CRIT] softtimer_runtime() Virtual Migration Detected! Syncing Clock

Chav Paskov chavpaskov at shaw.ca
Mon Jan 26 16:57:25 PST 2009

Brian West wrote:
> haha so was that one!  :P Anchors Away!!!
>
> /b
>
> On Jan 26, 2009, at 6:11 PM, Adam Long wrote:
>
>> Sorry that last link was mangled...
>>
>> If you are running inside ESX might want to have a look here...
>> http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=dis
>> <http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=dis>
>> playKC&externalId=2219
>>

>> -Adam

thanks Adam
i think i narrowed it down.
this is  rather interesting actually.
have a look what i found:

on the same ESXi i have 3 VMs

Centos 5 running  2.6.18-53.el5   -  no clock slipping  issues
Ubuntu 8.04.1 - 2.6.24-19- virtual   clock is running faster
Ubuntu 8.04.1 - 2.6.24-22-virtual  clock running faster

So now question is : is this a Distro related or kernel related issue ?

/so i guess i'll have to buy a real anchor  for my boat :P/

i see that  this subject is probably for another forum but probably
makes sense to mention that  when it comes to freeswitch deployment ,if
you do not want to deal  with  timers  and  so on   you might  just
pick the right Distro.  as for me... i guess i just  learned something
new ...  so  today  was not lost .
Thank you Brian / Adam.
Best Regards
Chav