[Freeswitch-users] USER_NOT_REGISTERED

Jim Archer jim at archer.net
Mon Jan 26 16:16:37 PST 2009

Sorry for all these simple questions, but I'm having a registration issue.

I have two Polycom 501 phones and have configured both to FreeSwitch.  One
is extension 1000 and the other is extension 1001.  I can call 1000 from
1001, but not the reverse.  If I try to call 1001, I go straight to voice
mail and the console tells me that 1001 is not registered:

2009-01-26 19:11:24 [ERR] switch_ivr_originate.c:1391
switch_ivr_originate() Cannot create outgoing channel of type [error]
cause: [USER_NOT_REGISTERED]

Why would it be able to make calls if it is not registered?