[Freeswitch-users] PortAudio not closing audio device properly after hangup?

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Sun Jan 25 01:24:23 PST 2009

Under revision 11484, if I make a call using PortAudio:
pa call <extension>
then hang up the call:
pa hangup
and after that, try to access the same audio device with other software, I get
a "device or resource busy" error.

This is using Alsa under Debian Sid, kernel 2.6.26.

Shutting down FreeSWITCH fixes this.

This is also a regression compared with the earlier version of FreeSWITCH that
I was running before doing the latest build.

It seems to me that the device isn't being closed as it should be when the
last call hangs up.