[Freeswitch-users] Conference javascript and hanuphooks giving me headaches

Sias Mey sias at cpdata.co.za
Thu Jan 22 12:24:06 PST 2009

Hi,

Im trying to originate calls from a conference and use javascript to
watch out for hangup events so I can use the data in the session to
flesh out some database info. However it seems that Im having some
strangeness. It might just be my code. So I include that.

I run FreeSwitch Version 1.0.trunk (11226)

Dialplan:
<extension name="js_logtodb">
  <condition field="destination_number" expression="^confout-(10\d{2})$">
    <action application="javascript" data="confout.js"/>
  </condition>
</extension>

confout.js:
  is attached

I use API calls to pull one user into a conference. Then I use more api calls to do a conference dial to loopback/confout-1001

This should run the js and then bridge extension 1001 into the same conference.
(I have hardcoded the additional extension for testing). I dont know if there is another way to get a conference dial to run a javascript file for information logging, but I am open to enlightenment.

Oh im using conference dial because that provides clear audible progress to the other conference memebers as to what is actually happening with the new call.

Any help would be greatly apreciated, Thanks in advance.
Sias