[Freeswitch-users] sample code of how to use the C level API instead of dialplan

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Wed Jan 21 12:26:48 PST 2009

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 12:21 PM, Dave <nyeastufo at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Just like to know whether there is any kind of document available
> for FS integration at its C level, not at its dialplan level.
>  The reason I ask this is that some of the local process simply
> impossible to be integrated with the Dialplan, but should not be that
> hard if the C level API is available.
>  Any URL or suggestion is welcome. Thanks.

It might be helpful to know what you hope to accomplish. FreeSWITCH
has a lot of hooks and C level programming may or may not be best for
your particular application. Have you checked out, for example, the
event socket?
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Event_Socket

That might be a happy medium for you between the upper level of the
dialplan and the nitty-gritty of C programming.
-MC