[Freeswitch-users] ATA-answering machine question/recommendation

jonathan augenstine jaugenstine at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 06:53:41 PST 2009

I have an application that requires answering machine detection.  I have not
been able to locate any documentation indicating that there is explicit
support for answering machine detection.  I have received recommendations on
call flows that would include DTMF entry by the called party to detect by
implication answering machines, however, I need an explicit methodology.  My
question is, does anyone have any experience with ATAs that might have this
capability.  I am interested in any solution that might even include Avaya,
Cisco, or other hardware device interfaced with Freeswitch that would
provide an explicit answering machine detection capability.

Jonathan