[Freeswitch-users] Hang up not received

Ognjen Seslija oseslija at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 01:49:19 PST 2009

When call comes in from Openzap, tone_detect app does pre_answer of a call
cause it's need media to start detecting tones in the first place. This
behaviour is something that I see on calls inside my telco when calling from
analogue lines. I don't think this is a big of deal because ringback
provided by FS will make caller understand that the call is still in
progress. One can make its own ringback to sound exactly the same as
telco's.

I don't think that we'll ever make POTS behave like digital protocols do.

Regards,
Ognjen

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 10:36 AM, Scott Ellis <scott.ellis at novatex.com.au>wrote:

> [...]
>         <action application="tone_detect" data="busy 425,0 r +100 hangup 16
> 4"/>
>         <action application="bridge"
> data="sofia/internal/1003%${server-domain-name},
> sofia/internal/1004%${server-domain-name}"/>
>       </condition>
>     </extension>
>
> When I receive a call from PSTN, tone detection answer the call (the caller
> hears only one first tone and then hears "nothing" until I pick up the call
> on softphone).
>
> So, I think that tone detection solution does not resolve my problem... Is
> there any other possibility to detect hang up without answering the call
> (using Loop Start signaling) or have we to wait until OpenZap is completely
> developed?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 10:43 PM, Ognjen Seslija <oseslija at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Ok, as discussed with Tony on IRC channel I followed his directions which
>> lead to a successfull outcome (like it always does I might add :).
>>
>> One has to use tone_detect app in FreeSWITCH dialplan in order to check
>> for busy tones coming from the PSTN side and if matched fire a hangup
>> application. This is the snippet of my test dp that does the trick (from
>> extension Local_extensions in default.xml):
>>
>> <anti-action application="tone_detect" data="busy 425,0 r +100 hangup 16
>> 4"/>
>> <anti-action application="bridge" data="
>> user/${dialed_extension}@${domain_name}"/<user/$%7Bdialed_extension%7D@$%7Bdomain_name%7D%22/>
>> >
>>  This means that FS will listen to freq of 425 Hz and wait for 4 positive
>> detection to fire up hangup app with code 16 which is NORMAL_CLEARING (425
>> Hz is the freq telco here uses; for other countries I suggest getting the
>> ITU world tones pdf file and check there):
>>
>> 2009-01-20 22:32:46 [DEBUG] switch_ivr_async.c:1262 tone_detect_callback()
>> TONE busy HIT 1/4
>> 2009-01-20 22:32:47 [DEBUG] switch_ivr_async.c:1262 tone_detect_callback()
>> TONE busy HIT 2/4
>> 2009-01-20 22:32:48 [DEBUG] switch_ivr_async.c:1262 tone_detect_callback()
>> TONE busy HIT 3/4
>> 2009-01-20 22:32:50 [DEBUG] switch_ivr_async.c:1262 tone_detect_callback()
>> TONE busy HIT 4/4
>> 2009-01-20 22:32:50 [DEBUG] switch_ivr_async.c:1268 tone_detect_callback()
>> TONE busy DETECTED
>>  2009-01-20 22:32:50 [NOTICE] mod_dptools.c:584 hangup_function() Hangup
>> OpenZAP/1:1/1 [CS_EXECUTE] [NORMAL_CLEARING]
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ognjen
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 8:45 PM, Ognjen Seslija <oseslija at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> I tried similar setup with my analog card (X100P) and I'm having same
>>> issue. Call is not hungup on the oz side once the caller ends. My telco
>>> doesn't use polarity reversal for singalling hang up so I'm guess I'm stuck
>>> to detecting busy tone from the telco side. I'll try to modify tones.conf

>>> Ognjen