[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH Windows Service does not Start

Michael Giagnocavo mgg at giagnocavo.net
Tue Jan 20 09:05:14 PST 2009

You should run things with as little permission as possible. In the case of FreeSWITCH, there's no need for it to run as LocalSystem (which is like a root account). NetworkService is much more restricted, which is good in the case of a security failure, such as a buffer overrun or a misconfigured module/application.

Maybe it's not loading because NetworkService doesn't have permissions to the FS directory.

-Michael