[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH Windows Service does not Start

Ron Avriel ravriel_1 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 20 05:52:10 PST 2009

Hi,

If I try starting FreeSWITCH Windows service it immediately fails with a messagebox:

"The FreeSWITCH service on local computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically...etc."

I noticed that the service is installed to log on as "NT AUTHORITY\NetworkService".
If I change this to "Local System account" then FreeSWITCH starts and runs OK.

This failure occurred on multiple Windows XP servers.

Why does it fail and why does it not use the local system account like almost all services?

Thanks,
Ron