[Freeswitch-users] enforcing codec in gateway (or call) level

Apostolos Pantsiopoulos regs at kinetix.gr
Mon Jan 19 06:16:14 PST 2009

I am using xml_curl to create my dialplans on the fly.
I want to be able to use deferent codec preferences on
each call (depending on various conditions i.e. gateway,destination etc.)
I understand that I have to set inbound-late-negotiation=true in my profile
in order for the dialplan to be processed before the codec negotiation.

The only thing that I cannot figure out is how to "tell" FS to use
a specific codec (or series of codecs) before bridging a call. Which
app do I use or which variable do I set (without of course
changing any global variable or profile's "codec-prefs" variable)?

Apostolos Pantsiopoulos
Kinetix Tele.com R & D
email: regs at kinetix.gr