[Freeswitch-users] Channel variable 'call_timeout'.

Michael S Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Fri Jan 16 07:30:13 PST 2009

Tamas,

The channel variable won't work for you if you can't ignore early
media. Your best bet is to use the variable execute_on_answer to
transfer an answered call to a new extension. Then you could just
sleep for 15sec and then check the value of endpoint_disposition.

What is the application that you are working on?

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 16, 2009, at 5:17 AM, Tamas Cseke <cstomi.levlist at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> It seems originate_timeout isn't take effect when we got early media.
>
> Our carrier is sending the ring tone in early media, so if I try
> <action application="bridge"
> data="{originate_timeout=15}sofia/gateway/mygw/whatsoever"/>
> timeout isn't occur after 15s
>
> however with:
> <action application="bridge" data="{originate_timeout=15,
> ignore_early_media=yes}sofia/gateway/mygw/whatsoever"/>
>
> timeout is OK. but we don't get early media, I think it would be
> nice to
> not ignore it
>
> I found ring_ready and return_ring_ready could you please tell me what
> do they mean?
> So I'd like to make the timer expire only on 200 OK. and don't ignore
> early media.
>
> Thank you,
> Tomi
>

> Anthony Minessale írta:
>> call_timeout is only used if you are bridging 2 channels where one
>> or both
>> of them is still unanswered.
>>
>> what you want to use is originate_timeout and forget about
>> call_timeout
>>
>> you also have
>> leg_timeout and leg_progress_timeout both to be set in the {}
>> that do the timeout from the perspective of the new channel leg
>> instead of
>> the caller leg.
>>

>> On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 10:34 AM, Tamas Cseke <cstomi.levlist at gmail.com
>> >wrote:
>>

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I have the same problem,
>>>
>>> I don't understand the difference between
>>>
>>> progress_timeout
>>> originate_timeout
>>> call_timeout.
>>>
>>> I log timelimit_sec in switch_ivr_originate function and it seems,
>>> if I set call_timeout then, timelimit_sec will be this value
>>> if I set originate_timeout then timelimit_sec will be this value.