[Freeswitch-users] Announcing mod_easyroute

Ken Rice krice at suspicious.org
Tue Jan 13 18:24:22 PST 2009

Greetings!

I would like to announce the inclusion of mod_easyroute in FreeSwitch.

mod_easyroute is a DID routing engine that uses an ODBC data source to
figure out where to route calls. It uses a gateway concept and a number
concept with a relation of one gateway to many numbers. Numbers are looked
up in the database and a dial string and other useful information is
returned into channel variables including a full dial string that can be
passed to the bridge function for sending the call out. This module is not
really targeted at the PBX user but at the ITSP community as an example of
what can be done in C using the ODBC extensions built into the FreeSwitch
core.

See http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_easyroute or
http://www.freeswitch.org/node/158 for more information.

Please note: if you are wanting to play with mod_easyroute, please ensure
you have FreeSwitch compiled with ODBC support enabled (see
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Using_ODBC_in_the_core for ODBC setup
information)

If you are wondering why I would release such a thing, I have had this code
sitting around for a bit now, a friend of mine needed the ability to route
DIDs to different SIP based Application Servers for his business, so I wrote
this for him, over the course of the past several months several people have
approached me needing something similar and I re-used this code a few times
for various consulting projects. A few weeks ago one of the guys in the IRC
channel mentions he was about to write something like this for one of his
clients, I mentioned I had this and he offered to "bounty" this
functionality if I would release it. So here it is guys have at it.

Thanks to the guys that sent me a few bucks for this code!

Now to get a quick plug in for myself. I'm a consultant that works mainly
with ITSPs and VoIP related projects, If you find yourself in need of some
professional services to assist you in customizing or deploying FreeSwitch
for your business, drop me an email off list and I will get back to you.

With the growth that's happened with FreeSwitch up til now, I can't wait to
see what 2009 will bring!

Ken Rice
Krice <at> rmktek <dot> com
Ken4VoIP AIM