[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH, MRCP and Perl

mszlazak at aol.com mszlazak at aol.com
Mon Jan 12 15:09:46 PST 2009

That's not the opinion of Nickolay S. from the Sphinx forums. He didn't think it was telephony ready but you implied something similar in a past email. Also, I got a similar impression with the pizza demo as it came with FS. Instead I tried Voxeo's Prophecy as per your recommendation and found it worked better. As I understand it, pocketsphinx and sphinx (3 & 4) are very good but need adapting and training for there various uses.

So, why bother with LumenVox, Voxeo, Nuance, etc if one could get pocketsphinx working better since it's already integrated with FS?