[Freeswitch-users] mod_opal first unsuccessful test

Apostolos Pantsiopoulos regs at kinetix.gr
Mon Jan 12 07:51:15 PST 2009

Hi,

    I successfully compiled mod_opal using the latest svn for both opal
and ptlib as Brian suggested.

    When I try to establish a call using h323 from my openphone client
I get no audio although I can see RTP packets in both directions when I am
doing a capture. Some details :

I am using the 11094 revision of the FS trunk.
I am using the PCMU codec.
I tried dialing the default IVR (5000) and other testing extensions
(freeswitch conference, echo test etc.)
I tried using fast start on and off , h245 tunneling on and off, h245 in
SETUP on and off.

    In my captures I have also noticed a strange behavior : FS sends to
my client 2 "alerting" packets
for no apparent reason. Could this be a cause of the problem?

    Had anyone any success with mod_opal lately? If yes, could you
please reply quoting your config
options (both on FS and on your client)?

Apostolos Pantsiopoulos
Kinetix Tele.com R & D
email: regs at kinetix.gr