[Freeswitch-users] Skypiax, Skype compatible endpoint

Rehan Allah Wala rehan at supertec.com
Mon Jan 12 16:49:26 PST 2009

i am looking for a consulant to send me a quote to run this for me on amazon ec2

Rehan

> Ciao FreeSWITCHers,
>
> mod_skypiax is now usable, for Skype calls and finding bugs :-).
>
> Its wiki page (http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Skypiax, at the moment
> it's just the README files concatenated) begins like that:
>
> WHAT IS SKYPIAX
>
> This software (Skypiax) uses the Skype API but is not endorsed,
> certified or otherwise approved in any way by Skype.
>
> Skypiax is an endpoint (channel driver) that use the Skype client as
> an interface to the Skype network, and allows incoming and outgoing
> Skype calls from/to FreeSWITCH (that can be bridged, originated,
> answered, etc. as in all other endpoints, eg sofia/SIP).
>
> Think at Skypiax as similar to OpenZAP for analog lines: for each
> channel you need an interface (a Skype client). So, for eg, for two
> concurrent calls, you will need two channels, two Skype clients
> running on server.
>
> If your server's Skype client(s) has got the Skype credits, Skypiax
> works for SkypeOut calls too.
>
> You can use it from the dialplan, eg with the provided modified
> "default.xml" dialplan, you can call
> "sip:skype/remote_skypename__OR__skypeout_phonenumber" for calling via
> the Skype network from a SIP softphone to remote_skypename or to a
> phone number via SkypeOut, or you can call the "2908" extension from
> any phone to be bridged to the Skype Test Call).
>
> With the provided skypiax.conf.xml all incoming Skype calls will be
> routed to the "5000" extension, the IVR in default FreeSWITCH
> installation.
>
> On Linux the Skype client uses a lot of CPU. To lower its CPU
> consumption, you can use the Xvfb "fake" X server and (more important)
> the snd-dummy ALSA "fake" sound driver. Scripts are provided for this.
> But for a low number of channels it would works with regular X servers
> and ALSA drivers.
>
> On a Linux machine with 3GB ram and a quad core intel6600, we got no
> problem with 20 concurrent calls, and plenty of room for adding more
> Skypiax channels (100? not tested).
>
> On Windows, no need to do anything special, the Skype client is lighter on CPU.
>

> Skypiax is now pre-beta, but usable for testing and finding bugs :-).
>

> You can download Skypiax source code with subversion with the command:
>
> svn co http://svn.freeswitch.org/svn/freeswitch/branches/gmaruzz/src/mod/endpoints/mod_skypiax
> mod_skypiax
>
> then, follow the README file in the mod_skypiax directory.
>

> More info on skypiax:
>
> http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Skypiax
>
> http://www.celliax.org
>

> Sincerely,
>
> Giovanni Maruzzelli
> Company : Celliax
> Website: www.celliax.org
> Address : via Pierlombardo 9, 20135 Milano
> Country/Territory : Italy
> Business Email: gmaruzz at celliax dot org
> Cell : 39-347-2665618
> Fax : 39-02-87390039

Rehan Ahmed AllahWala
Msn/Yahoo/GoogleTalk/Email: Rehan at Rehan.com
http://www.supertec.com/ - Internet Telephony Solutions
Http://www.DIDX.net - DID Number Market Place.
Don't Remember Me ? Visit http://www.Rehan.com

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."
By Gandhi.

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." - Gandhi